Monday, November 8, 2010

cover:The Spirit-Ilacoin/Dj Stitches



Now in my search on the web,I find out at least two more people calling themselves DJ STITCHES,it pisses me off because I've used that name publiclly and as a professonal since 1989.One mutherfucker from Texas wasn't even born and the other is some Goth dj overseas I guess.My thing is when you pick a name it should be original.I mean search yhe name on google or something and stop biting.I bet you mutherfuckers wouldn't pick Q-Bert or Roc Raida as your name,shit I been djing & producing for almost a quarter century and I got to share my name with some under-skilled wanna be. Fuck that get off my dick and come up with your own name.Anyway in 1997 I met Ilacoin.He claims to have had music out prior but the only deal he had was with Game Recordings and I got him that deal.(Peace to Sheck ,Ric ,Kid Swift  and Beef)He had two releases on Game,first was By Stranger feat. Black Rob & Labba,the second was Keep It Street ft. Sadat X and produced by G-Wise,tThe Spirit was produced by me and G-Wise did the talkbox.This that and the Third was produced by Easy Moe Bee.I'm only posting up The Spirit cause it was the best joint on it.The two other songs were never released.I really didn't care for the Moe Bee track ,but the G-wise track was tight.I had a fall out over money and thats what  pulls things apart.So here are the three songs that should have been released.                                
                                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                        

                                                                                                                         

The Spirit

Dead Man Walkin


Treat A Hoe...

1 comment:

  1. Lmao! Stitches! Smh. If anybody "got" me the deal with Game Recordings, it was Joe Buck (Peace to ArtilleryDS and Concern)! Besides me having impressed Stretch Armstrong when I freestyled on air at Hot 97 with Black Rob, representing Alumni, Shecter was drawn to the music by Buck and his visually artistic genius that was the foundation for the first few issues of the now infamous Fader magazine at Cornerstone Promotions. (Peace to Rob Stone) The record with Easy Mo Bee (This, That & The 3rd) was created in '97 but went on to be interpolated by The Wu-tang Clan (Take It Back). Not bad any way you look at it. You have every right to your opinion, but maybe you should research the artists you collaborate with first. Google me. Unfortunately, this business has more back room deals and people trying to steal money that the artist actually generates than it does good willed, smart and honest business. "Good givers are great getters." Thanks for being a part of my history. Be well. Lucky Coin

    ReplyDelete